Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 08:52:29 +0200

Arvin Meyer wrote...

>That is essentially what I have been saying, albeit indirectly, "the right
>tool for the job" Sending an infantry battalion to breakup a small street
>demonstration is not cost effective, and therefore unwarranted. For the
same
>reason, you wouldn't send in a policeman with a water pistol. We do
disagree
>however, in that I see SQL-Server as the more cost effective solution for
>most companies.

SQL-Server cost effective for most companies!?

IOW, give the policeman some very basic infantry training and send him in to break up the street riot with one of these new 40ft range, 5 liter, pump action water rifles...?

Do you have -any- idea what the water bill is going to be like and what it's going to cost you in policemen?

;-)
Billy Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 01:52:29 CDT