Re: How much testing does Oracle do prior to sofware release?

From: Yakub <yakub_at_erols.com>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 16:28:45 -0400

I am working in on a Unixware7 and HP-UX 11.x platform using Oracle's Developer 2.1, database 8, and webserver, and I have found very poor documentation on how to configure these products to work together. It has been most difficult to impossible finding Oracle's Technical Support staff provide clear examples on how each of their integrated products work together! To get Reports to work on the Web, they can make you talk to the Unix team when you really need to talk to someone on the Reports team, or they make to talk to someone in the networking team when you need someone on the Reports team to understand Reports to the degree that they know how to provide support on how Reports work on a Unix OS and Web environment. Another issue is when you call Technical Support and you explain the OS version , product version and the clearly describe the problem that you are having in getting the tools to work together, Oracle Support thinks that every solution is found on an NT environement when you made it clear that your environment is Unix.

Oracle's Support quality service needs to be improved. They need support staff that has been their and done that. I trust that their management carefully work on improving the service. I think they have a wonderful opportunity because of some of their previous commitment to quality product and service. It is the Customer that defines Quality.

I must also say that Oracle has some of the most dedicated and talented Technical Support Staff who have a passion for doing quality service! Please work on making the product and services meet the needs of its customers.
Yakub Received on Sun May 09 1999 - 15:28:45 CDT