OAS 4.0.7 start problem

From: Mike Anagnostou <makis_at_cs.toronto.edu>
Date: 9 May 99 16:06:08 GMT

Hi,
I installed OAS 4.0.7 on solaris 2.7 a few days ago. I think I did everything according to the installation book, however I have problems installing the samples and I don't know how to start up the OAS processes.

I manage to start the nodemanager
(owsctl start -nodemgr) this goes OK.
I try to to do
owsctl start
and I get :
starting ORB processes ...
waiting for WRB to be ready ... (and hangs there!)

I am probably doing something wrong but I don't know what.

I have tried both the command line and the browser In the browser I manage to start the node but I can't start the listeners (admin or www).

I also have some related questions:
I use different ORACLE_HOME variables for the RDBMS and the application server. Different UNIX IDS also (oracle oracleas) Is this OK? I used the same ORACLE_SID on the application server installation as I did for the DB instance. Is this OK? During the OAS installation the installer commented out the RDBMS entry in the oratab file for the DB instance and replaced it with the application server (same ORACLE_SID)/different path.

any help would be appreciated,
you could email me at either

makis_at_db.toronto.edu or
mike_at_webfinity.net

thank's a lot and sorry if the mail is long --Makis Received on Sun May 09 1999 - 11:06:08 CDT