Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Arvin Meyer <a_at_m.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 07:58:54 -0400

Craig Johnston wrote in message <7h30mr$jae_at_junkie.gnofn.org>...
>In article <3734D682.42D9AE9D_at_ebox.tninet.se>,
>>Arvin Meyer wrote:
>>> For an AntiChrist, Bill Gates sure gives away a lot of his own money for
>>> charitable purposes.
>
>And if you believe Bill does that because he is magnanimous, I have
>a bridge to sell you.
>
>It's free advertising and PR. Bill will do whatever he thinks will
>give him control over the most computers and ultimately, your interface
>to the world. I can take everything about Microsoft except their
>bent for world domination. One day, if you're not careful, your car,
>all your appliances, etc, will all have an interface designed by
>Microsoft. I'll be living with the Amish.

There are far cheaper, and more effective ways of getting PR, than giving away 10 billion dollars. BTW, the Amish don't have e-mail. Does that mean this is the last we'll hear from you?

>In MS's deal with AT&T, notice that WINCE (appropriate name) will be
>going into a bazillion cable boxes. Oh, goody. How long do you think
>it will be before MS is collecting info about your viewing habits?

I am not personally worried, I don't have or want cable (except maybe for internet service). Anyone who tries to monitor me winds up being confused anyway.

>This has gone way off-topic. It's about time I compare Gates to
>Hitler.

What Dev said. I guess it is about time for the thread to end. Bye now, catch y'all on the flip side.

Arvin Meyer
onsite_at_esinet.net Received on Sun May 09 1999 - 06:58:54 CDT