Seekign Advice re Oracle across WAN

From: ferret <ferret_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: 9 May 1999 11:15:46 GMT

We wish to implement an all Oracle application (Oracle database; Developer 2000; Designer 2000; Forms 5) across a wide area network with up to 150 concurrent users and 8 sites accessing a centralised database. We would appreciate assistance with:
a. contact details for any sites which have implemented a centralised Oracle database/application across a WAN; and b. any advice relating to performance (response times) in this environment (eg advice, tips, traps). We are planning a Unix platform and it is likely that most of the Oracle Forms will reside on a local LAN server. c. details of any sources of information to assist with performance Many Thanks
Bruce Finlay
Sydney, Australia Received on Sun May 09 1999 - 06:15:46 CDT