Newbe: Oracle 8 on Redhat Linux 5.2

From: Warren Smith <wasmith_at_landernet.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 22:32:05 -0700

I would appreciate some help. I have tried to be very careful in looking at the Insturctions that Oracle put on the CD but I still do not have everything correct.

I have tried to see where to see if the system resources are correct for Oracle but if I execute the command they advise, I do not get any of the information to check. Most of the $ORACLE stuff is done but there are two that they say will be set later that you can create called $SRCHOME & $TWO_TASK that are still not populated after running the install.

And finally how do you know that you have installe the software correctly. I have runthe install program and it seems to be on the disk, but when I go to start Oracle , nothing seems to happen.

Does someone have a log on how they installed on LINUX?

Sorry if this is basic sutff. I'm more use to NT stuff then LINUX/UNIX installs.

WAS