Re: Opinions on SQL Navigator, et al?

From: Raymond Allo <idefix_at_sydney.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 09:48:29 +1000

Jeff,

I used to use SQL*Navigator and use only TOAD now. I think it depends on personal preferences. But may I suggest that you download the 30 trial from both products and make your decision from there. SQL*Navigator has a debugger, TOAD will bring one out shortly, but sofar I haven't missed a debugger
in a big way. dbms_output works fine for me. TOAD is cheaper and there is always the freeware version with a bit less functionality, but hey it is the best replacement for sql*plus.

www.quests.com
www.toadsoft.com

I also evaluated SQL Station from platinum (too expensive) and SQL Programmer from
Sylvain Faust Inc www.sfi-software.com. The latter has a nice debugger, but the rest is a bit cumbersome in its interface and usage.

Raymond Received on Sat May 08 1999 - 18:48:29 CDT