Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Robert Emmons <remmons_at_calcshop.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 17:08:23 GMT

"Arvin Meyer" <a_at_m.com> wrote:
>In fact, for me at least, they [Microsoft] have created opportunity, which I take
>advantage of. I make more money now than I ever have, not in spite of
>Microsoft, but because of them. (And I'll bet you do to.)

Without Microsoft, there would still be explosive growth in the personal computer industry. Microsoft did not create the industry or the opportunities.

The question is this. Would there be more or less opportunity with some other company in control of the PC operating system? I think there would be more. Few companies crush competitors and stifle competiton as well as Micrsoft does.

     Robert Emmons, CalcShop Inc., (973)228-9139
          Email: remmons_at_calcshop.com
       Web Site: http://www.calcshop.com

      Books and maps are usually read by those
                who need them least.