Problems with COM support in 8i

From: Rob Edgar <robedgar_at_mersey.com.hk>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 21:15:40 +0800

According to the docs the last error is cleared before each new call, in fact it needs to as there is no documented method to do it yourself BUT..

I have tried a series of com calls and it is clear that whenever an error occurs it never gets cleared except by another error.

For example if you do 4 createobject calls and 3 are correct and in one you pass an invalid CLSID. Once you get to the invalid one the GetLastError call always returns the same value on all remaining calls. Not only that but if you rerun the procedure it now returns the error for all calls ie the last error never gets reset at all.

The other problem I get is that all the calls are returning an hresult of -2147467259 which is E_FAIL, but its returned wether it succeeds or not.

Anyone know what the problem is here.

Rob Received on Sat May 08 1999 - 08:15:40 CDT