Re: Database Link question

From: Dante <dnotari_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 09:54:28 GMT

Sean,
  that is not true.

  The name of the DB Link will be resolved in the PUBLIC   namespace and the DB will use the connect string   specified in the USING clause or the one specified   when using the connect string.

  GLOBAL NAMES affects only the way the hostnames are   resolved withing SQL*Net.

  You can use as Link name any name you want.

 Regards
Dante