Re: data dictionary with a million tables

From: CSL <craigl_at_gte.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 07:53:39 GMT

Just curious, but what in the world are your developers thinking? Literally, a million small tables? My suggestion is to fire at least one of the developers and hire a competent data architect as a replacement. (Probably doesn't matter which one you fire if they all think this is a good idea...:-o) Performance would be poor, and I disagree that it would be any easier for them to develop using a data model with a million tables. However, a well-designed data model usually makes things easier for everyone. CSL