Question on how to setup Oracle 8 in NT

From: <poonek_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 21:07:58 GMT

Hi everyone
I am new to Oracle and I got some question on how to setup the Oracle.

I get one computer is running as a WWW server and I want to install an Oracle 8 in another computer as my database server(both computers are running under Windows NT 4 Server). I got confuse on how to setup the Oracle. As I looked through the "Getting Started" book included with the Oracle software. It says that we should not install both repository and production database in the same Oracle database. It suggests to install an Oracle Enterprise Managerconsole and Oracle 8 repository database in one computer. And install the production database in another computer used as the managed server. Does it mean I should have two computers in order to setup a database server (if so, what is the advantage to use two computers)? Also, what procedures should I do to install and setup the database server such that the WWW server can get information from the database server?

Thanks for your help

Edmond