Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Carl at CPAccess <cpaccess_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 20:08:08 GMT

An apt comparison is Gates and John D. Rockefeller. The arrangements Rockefeller developed with railroads, to the exclusion of competitive petroleum companies, were legal at the time.

Gates, with help from his dad, a patent attorney, has pirated alot of intellectual property. A recent idea is the web browser, a billion dollar concept to be sure, but the pattern goes way back.

Gates once commented that anything that was publicly displayed, such as at a trade show, could be cloned unless the developer first made him sign a non-disclosure agreement.

To Gates, a show like Comdex is a candy store.

The Justice Department has no concept how to deal with this level of piracy. In the browser situation, they focused on the fact that Microsoft gave away its browser, causing injury to the originator which needed the revenue to continue in business.

However, the market is very close to imposing a limit. Venture capitalists are not funding Windows developments because the risk is, if it succeeds, MS will steal it without compensation and give it away in direct competition to the originator.

The MS Empire could run out of ideas to steal, and Gates could have the same level of public relations problem as Rockefeller in his waning years.

On Thu, 6 May 1999 12:56:01 -0400, "Arvin Meyer" <a_at_m.com> wrote:

>dgallardo_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <7gsdqh$2mi$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>>
>>With regard to the more academic argument, of course, there is no question:
>>Oracle is way better than SQL Server. And Microsoft is an evil empire,
>Bill
>>Gates is the AntiChrist, and there is no hope once you've been assimilated.
>
>I doubt that Oracle is *better* than SQL-Server. Each tool has its niche.
>
>For an AntiChrist, Bill Gates sure gives away a lot of his own money for
>charitable purposes.
>
>I am assimilated <g> (richer and happier too <vbg>)
>-----
>Arvin Meyer
>onsite_at_esinet.net

949-261-2694