Re: ORACLE security issue

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 19:29:50 GMT

On Fri, 07 May 1999 06:22:12 GMT, d.samaranayaka_at_mailbox.gu.edu.au (Dimuth Samaranayaka) wrote:

>Hi would any one know why this is occuring, When I kick of an import/export of
>the database using the system user and password, when on the unix box you kick
>of ps -ef|grep imp the password is echo on the screen. The version of oracle
>is 7.3.3.
>Any idea's

This has nothing to do with the Oracle itself. ps is merely echoing the command line you entered - if it contains password it is your problem, not the problem of Oracle or OS. You can avoid this in many different ways. Here are some:

>Thanks
>Dimuth

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Fri May 07 1999 - 14:29:50 CDT