oracle on NT

From: <bgumus_at_onboard-software.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 17:58:43 GMT

Hi,

I have a question for those of you who use Oracle on NT. In our project, we will store some data and create on-demand reports on the web. But we could store the data in binary or ASCII format. If we store in binary to save some space then we should convert it back to ASCII using PERL. The expected difference in size between binary and ASCII is 2:1. So the question is: which one you recommend;
1) Store in binary and convert to ASCII using PERL (conversion may take time) 2) Store in ASCII and use the data as it is (since the database will be larger getting data may take time)

Please send your recommendation ASAP,

Thanks
Bulent Gumus
bgumus_at_tis.kelly.af.mil