Y2K Full Compliance went from 7.1.X to 7.3.4 recently

From: Richard A Papaj <papaj_at_acsu.buffalo.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 11:27:55 -0400

When I checked Oracle's web site in March, Oracle7 Enterprise Edition was considered Y2K fully compliant starting at 7.1.X. I looked again in April and learned that compliance is now set at 7.3.4 and above.

Also, the compliance versions/releases for a number of other products have been revised as well. If you haven't been checking compliance statuses periodically, you may want to consider it. Oracle does note that "the nature of Year 2000 remediation, and software products in general, is such that new information will continue to come to light as we approach the millennium."

I believe there are workarounds for more recent non-compliant versions? However, I'm giving higher priority to my plans for upgrading a number of 7.3.3.6 instances to 7.3.4. Or does an upgrade from 7.3.3.6 to a higher release like 8.0.5 have more merit at this point without causing too many other headaches?

Thanks,
Rick Papaj Received on Fri May 07 1999 - 10:27:55 CDT