Experience w/ IBM Global Svcs?

From: Ed Stevens <Ed.Stevens_at_nmm.nissan-usa.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 14:02:15 GMT

 Subject: Experience w/ IBM Global Svcs?

We have received notice that our company's entire IT operation is being outsourced to IBM Global Services. This includes operations in 4 North American locations, and all functional areas -- data center operations, networking, tech support, help desk, applications maintenance. Has anyone had a similar experience, particularly with IGS?

I'm 47 years old,have been with my current employer 14 years and wasn't ever expecting to be looking for another job. Relocation is not acceptable at this point.

Slightly off topic: The last 3 years my job title has been Oracle DBA, and I have been to several of the Oracle classes, but actual task assignments have not allowed me to develop much skill in that area and I'm not comfortable about presenting myself to a prospective employer as an Oracle DBA, though I would like to persue that line.

Given the situation I find myself in, does anyone have any adivce?

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions are not necessarily those of my employer)