Oracle in NetWare/NT Environment

From: Satish Patel <s.m.patel_at_ais.salford.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 12:41:02 +0100

Hello

At Salford we offer an Oracle service on a Solaris 2.5 box. This service is used by 100s of computer science undergraduates.

They access the service via an X-Windows emulation on Windows NT PCs via NetWare fileservers. Our Solaris box, which is really an applications server, is due for replacement this summer. Many of the "Solaris" applications are now supported by our NetWare/Windows NT service.

Superficially it looks as if we could offer Oracle in our NetWare/NT environment. Is anyone delivering an Oracle service in a NetWare/NT environment or do you have any cautionary tales?

Thanks in advance Received on Fri May 07 1999 - 06:41:02 CDT