what does DBA do?

From: WCK <abramswee_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 19:19:52 -0700

Hi,

I would really like to know what are the job responsibility of a DBA? beside monitoring, backup, tuning, user/group creation.

I am currently taking care of a oracle 7.3 rdbms loaded in with vendor's products, and because of the size of my company, I don't to know many folks from my area about DBA. Thanks for the advice in advance.

WCK Received on Fri May 07 1999 - 21:19:52 CDT