Re: associating scripts with Oracle startup and shutdown in NT

From: Mikele <notreally_at_me.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 21:38:02 -0400

Ted,

Sure you can write you own startup and shutdown scripts. Create a bat file that opens server manager and then call a script to shut down, startup, or whatever you want

eg: whatever_script.bat

set oracle_sid = init
call svrmgr30.exe
command="@ shutdown.sql"
bla
bla
bla
call svrmgr30.exe
command="@startup.sql"
more called scripts....
exit

On 8 when NT shuts down, a script called Orashut.bat should shut down the db for you before NT shuts down.

Mikel