Re: default connect string

From: Chris Hamilton <ToneCzar_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 20:32:43 GMT

On Thu, 6 May 1999 18:15:38 +0200, "Frank Leenders" <f.t.leenders_at_inter.nl.net> wrote:

>where do I specify the default connect string, so I don't have to type the
>connect string when logging into a database.

On Windows NT, 95 or 98:

In the Registry (regedit.exe), add a string value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ ORACLE, called LOCAL. Set this equal to your TNSNAMES.ORA-defined connect string.

In Unix, set the environment variable TWO_TASK equal to the connect string.

$ TWO_TASK=dbstring ; export TWO_TASK
% setenv TWO_TASK dbstring

In Windows 3.1x (or if using 16-bit software on 32-bit Windows), add a line like the following to your ORACLE.INI file (located in C:\ORAWIN, or in earlier versions C:\WINDOWS or wherever pointed to by the ORA_CONFIG entry (??) in WIN.INI.

LOCAL=dbstring

Chris

Christopher Hamilton
Oracle DBA -- Wall Street Sports