Re: Please help(2)

From: Uppili <sestri_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:54:05 -0500

Follow the document to test connectivity.. Oracle 8.0.4 is not a stable version. It has n no of bugs. Try upgrading to 8.0.5.
bye...

kikoo wrote:

> Hi,
> im student, and have a graduation project with OWS,
>
> I've installed Oracle Web Server 3.0 then Oracle 8.0.4 (as mentionned in
> Oracle documentation) After that i tryed to install the default
> configuration, Add new DAD, startup database,.. nothing works !! im really
> confused, there's always the error ora-03121: no interface driver, function
> can't b performed i've read some answers in newsgroups but no one has worked,
> i installed SQL*Net 2.3, Net8.. but i don't think it's about that, i didn't
> know how to create nor to startup a database, With OWS3.0 there a demo :
> "default configuration" but it doesn't work :( same error : no interface
> driver..
>
> Can u help me, i'll b very THANKFUL!!!
> Answer me PLEASEEE
> Thanx in advance.
>
> Platform & versions :
> Windows NT 4.0 SP1, Oracle 8.0.4, OWS3.0

This document explains the procedure to test connectivity to the database
after installing Oracle Application Server (OAS) 3.0.

SCOPE & APPLICATION   You want to make sure that the new OAS3.0 install completed successfully and
that you have the ability to connect and use PL/SQL.

External RELATED DOCUMENTS
 Installation Guide

  1. Create a listener.
    1. Go into the node manager port and click on OAS Manager.
    2. Drop down the <website> site.
    3. Click on HTTP Listeners.
    4. Click the (+) to add a listener.
    5. Fill out the forms you are prompted with and submit.
    6. You should get the message Listener <name> Success.
  2. Create a Database Access Descriptor (DAD).
    1. Drop down the ORACLE APPLICATION SERVER menu
    2. Click on (+) to add a DAD.
    3. Fill out DAD Name
            Database User
            Database Password
            Confirm Password
            Connect String (for remote connections) <-- preferred
            Store Username and Password, if no authentication is
needed.
            Create DB user if new account is desired.
            When you click on Submit, fill out DB username and
password.
            Make sure that the user for the db account has proper
privledges.

3. Create an application.

  1. Click on Applications.
  2. Click on Add.
  3. Drop down Application Type and choose PL/SQL and apply.
  4. Name your application.
  5. Click on Add Cartridge to this Application.
  6. Fill out name, display name, virtual path, (this is what the user wants to use), specify the DAD you want to use, and click on Apply.
  7. Install the PL/SQL toolkit.
    1. Click on OAS Utilities.
    2. Drop the Utilities folder down.
    3. Drop the Install folder.
    4. Click on the PLSQL Toolkit file. This is generic. Use 1.0 for the version.
    5. Fill out Connect String. Password for SYS ("Default = change_on_install") Confirm password
    6. Hit Apply.
  8. Create Hello World test procedure. Use the following script:
        create or replace procedure test as
        begin
        htp.p('hello world');
        end;/

6. Shutdown and restart the Oracle Application Server.

Now you can test the database functionality for PL/SQL. Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 11:54:05 CDT