Re: Question RE:GRANTS

From: <shelby_at_tilu.tinker.af.mil>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 16:40:37 GMT

A function or procedure executes with the privileges of the owner of the procedure not with the privileges of the user executing the procedure. So if the tables and the function are under the same schema and the execute privilege has been given to a user, he can still execute the function regardless of the fact that he does not have any access to the table directly. Hope this helps,

Shelby