Re: Need help renaming datafile with <cr> in name.

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 16:30:28 +0200

Julio Negueruela escribió:
> =

> Vitaliy Mogilevskiy escribió:
> >
> > You first have to rename the datafile on the OS level,
> > then go to server manager mount the database (startup mount)
> > rename datafile (alter database rename file '<bla>' to '<bla>')
> > then open the database (alter database open)
> =

> You can do as Kcary did if you're in archive log mode. That is, put
> tablespace offline, rename the file and put tablespace on line.

I forgott the following: If you list the files in the directory /emc1/oradata/axis/ how does oem_data.dbf appear? =

Regards.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 09:30:28 CDT