Transaction segmentation

From: Khemraj DOOKHEE <kdookhee_at_capgemini.fr>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 15:36:47 +0200

Hi everyone,

I would like to segment a big Oracle transaction (such as an insert of a million records into a table) into smaller ones.

I tried to execute my big transaction, but it failed due to a rollback segment error. I do not want to alter any rollback segments, so I suppose the only solution left to me is to try to cut the transaction into smaller ones and then execute them one after the other.

The problem is that I do not know how to perform such an operation, that is to segment a transaction into several smaller ones.

By the way, I've got another question. How can we affect a reasonable value for the INITIAL parameter of a rollback segment ? Is it by trial and error ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Khemraj. Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 08:36:47 CDT