8.1.5, 8.0.4 and OAS 4.0.7 coexistence on NT??

From: Eivind Hodneland <ehod_at_statoil.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 09:02:49 +0200

I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Edition on a Windows NT 4.0 Server.

Oracle 8.0.4 Enterprise Edition has already been installed on the server, and there is a database on the server utilizing that version. In addition on the same server Oracle Application Server 4.0.7 and Microsoft Transaction Server 2.0 are installed.

When I try to install 8.1.5, I get through some screens, but after the screen "Installing Legato Storage Manager", a little counter appears with "Handling Net8 Client 8.1.5.0.0". (translated from Norwegian).
This counter runs up to 91 %, then the installation collapses. I get the following message:

jrew.exe - Application error

The instruction at "0x6ee37f3a" referenced memory at "0x0000003c". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the application Click on CANCEL to debug the application

I have tried both to shut down the 8.0.4 database, services and listener and leaving them all running before the installation, but I get the error same message either way.

Anyone having any experience with the co-existence of these products on the same NT server or any other hints to help me?

Kind regards,
Eivind Hodneland
Statoil IT
Oslo
Norway Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 02:02:49 CDT