changing & questions on NLS_DATE_FORMAT on nt

From: shawn <gs21smw_at_bellsouth.net.nospam>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 02:30:07 GMT

Hi..maybe someone can help me...

On oracle 7.3.2.2.1 on nt the default value of sysdate is MM-DD-YY (I believe can't remember at moment) it seems I've tried figuring out how to change it at the instance level (making it the default) but doesn't seem to work for me =(

in initorcl.ora I added
NLS_DATE_FORMAT = "MM-DD-YYYY" It didn't have any effect...

other question would be if it's possible to include the time by default also? then if it can include time will the subtraction, add, etc of the date field still work correctly?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks, shawn Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 21:30:07 CDT