Re: v$rowcache vs. v$librarycache

From: Violin <violin.hsiao_at_mail.pouchen.com.tw>
Date: 6 May 1999 00:52:03 GMT

On Wed, 05 May 1999 19:37:05 GMT, kal121_at_yahoo.com wrote: Hello,
The difference between v$librarycache and v$rowcache:

1.v$librarycache:show statistics on library cache management of shared pool,

   especially take care of 'SQL AREA' value : gethitratio,reloads,pins:    select gethitratio,reloads,pins from v$librarycache    where namespace = 'SQL AREA';

   The GETHITRATIO should be in high nineties(95%).If not,there's probably room     to improve the efficiency of your application code.And the RELAODS/PINS     never be more than 1%. RELOADS should be ideally be 0.     If RELOADS/PINS > 1%,you should increase SHARED_POOL_SIZE.

2.v$rowcache:show statistics of dictionary cache.The dictionary cache is another

    part of shared pool.It is used to hold definitions of dictionary objects in     memory.In the v$rowcache,the ratio of the sum of all GETMISSES to the sum of     all GETS should be less than 15%.If it is higer,consider increasing     SHARED_POOL_SIZE.
    select sum(getmisses)/sum(gets) from v$rowcache;

HTH.
Violin.
violin.hsiao_at_mail.pouchen.com.tw