Changing the owner of a table ???

From: Richard Elliott <Richard.A.Elliott_at_WGP.TWC.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 15:17:24 GMT

I have a database with two very large tables and 35 smaller tables. I want to use export to create backups of the database. Currently I export by user. I want to change the user on the the two very large tables so I can export them separatly from the others. The two large tables are history tables and are only updated one a month. I know I can export by table name but I don't want to have to keep the list of tables names in sync with any changes. Can I alter the table owner and then grant all to the original owner, or do I have to physicaly copy the tables from old to new owner and then drop the old. These are VERY large tables. Thanks in advance for your help. Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 10:17:24 CDT