Problem with RMAN connecting to a replicating database

From: Gregory Hudson <gmhudson_at_acslink.aone.net.au>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 20:56:40 +1000

I am having a problem connecting Recovery Manager to a database that is replicating and in archivelog mode. This is Oracle8 on NT4/SP3.

The rman connection string works on noarchivelog non replicating databases and is
c:\> rman80 target 'sys/password_at_ottr-prod' rcvcat 'rman/password_at_ottr-demo'

The response is

Recovery Manager: Release 8.0.4.0.0 - Production

RMAN-06005: connected to target database :PROD
RMAN-06008: connected to recovery catalog database
RMAN-00569:=========error message stack follows========
RMAN-00554:initilization of internal recovery manager package failed
RMAN-07001:Could not open channel default
RMAN-10008:Could not create channel context
RMAN-10024:Errror setting up for rpc polling
RMAN-10006:Error running sql statement: select distinct my.sid, sex
serial from
v$mystat my.x$ksuser sex where sex.sid = my.sid RMAN-10002:ORACLE error:ORA-01455:converting column overflows interger datatype

and then bails out to the C:\> prompt

I get a straight connection is connecting to other non replicating databases. Is this a known problem with replication.

Does anyone have a backup methodology for a live replicating database in

archivelog mode.

All suggestion gratefully accepted

Gregory Hudson Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 05:56:40 CDT