Internal Oracle Error: Looking for others

From: Simmo <famine_at_death.iinet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 09:22:22 +0800

Hi,

Recently I have recieved the dreaded ORA-00600 error. To date Oracle Support is some what at a loss at what is causing the error.

The exact message:
ORA:00600: internal error code, arguments: [8103], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

What was running at the time of the error: Pro*C Program performing a select join between a static table and a table that was created at runtime of the program. The bizare thing is that the program continued successfully, and the database has not been affected.

So far I have performed a DB_VERIFY on the temp, data, index and rollback segment tablespaces, and have come up with no inconcistencies. I have also performed a full database export to see if there was any data inconcistencies (none)

If anybody has come across this error or has any ideas how I can try and track it down a little further it would be much appreciated

System: Solaris 2.6, Oracle 7.3.4
--
Regards

Paul Simmons Received on Tue May 04 1999 - 20:22:22 CDT