Re: Oracle 8i?

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_toneline.n-o-s-p-a-m.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 00:02:06 +0100

Yep, we run 8 and 8i on AIX. Agree with your comments completely - stick with 8.0.5 for production, play with 8i until it becomes stable.

To the original poster: yes, you can put both on the same box. I recommend different users and groups for each version (just to be on the safe side).

Steve Phelan.