Re: how to set up password for INTERNAL

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 20:46:23 +0200

On what platform?
On Unix ports this is by design. If your account is member of the dba group they you don't need to use the internal password. All other users have to. On NT you have registy settings to disable the internal password (regrettably from the top of my head I don't remember what they are) on Unix use the orapwd utility in the following way cd $ORACLE_HOME/dbs
orapwd file=orapw$ORACLE_SID password=<your password> users=<the number of users in the password file>
the same utility exists on NT, but then it has a version number attached so orapwd73. The file should be located in %ORACLE_HOME%\database.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA