How to create a table in a script?

From: Arno van Rossum <a.van.rossum_at_mmp-obec.nl>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 17:57:43 +0200

Hello all,

This may be an easy question (I hope so :-) but I can't find the answer. We used to use MS SQL server and a script to recreate all our tables in a the database.

Now we've switched to oracle and I've converted all ms-sql to oracle understandable sql-statements. All works fine when i run the create statements one by one, but I would like to use a script or batch file to create all tables, stored procedures and constraints.

I've put them all in one file, separated by ; but then sql*plus doesn't create all tables saying "input to long" or something alike. (All buffer settings in the enviremont of sql*plus are at the max.) Then I tried pl/sql, but that doesn't work either. Documentation says you can't use create and alter within pl/sql.

Does anyone know an simple (easy :-) way how to do this?

Thanks

Arno van Rossum
a.van.rossum_at_mmp-obec.nl Received on Tue May 04 1999 - 10:57:43 CDT