Re: Temp Tablespace Full

From: Madhu Bandireddy <nilu_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 11:29:58 -0400

I think Vittal is talking about rollback segs, cause the optimal clause is used only for rollback segments, secondly, since RBS tend to extend and shrink, by specifying the optimal clause, after extending the rollback seg will shrink back to its optimal size or manually u could as :Alter rollback segment shrink.

This cannot be done on tablespace: to maximize the reusability of the dropped extent is temp tablespace, u should choose an initial and next extent size of 1/20th to 1/50th of the size of the temp tablespace and pctincrease of 0
so the segments will be same sized extents, when the seg is dropped, the

next temp seg to be formed will be able to reuse the dropped extent.

Nilima