converting mssql date-time default value to Oracle default????

From: Brad Pybus <brad_pybus_nospam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 19:04:49 GMT

I have a default value in MSSQL Server that is GetDate().

I read some posts that say to convert this to Oracle, replace the GetDate() with the pseudo field sysdate.

The sysdate does not appear to place the current time in the field as well like GetDate() does. I need the current time to be in there as well.

Maybe sysdate does have the current time and I just do not know how to access it. In the SQL Worksheet I type:

SELECT sysdate FROM SomeTable;

All I see displayed is the date. How do I see the time portion of it (assuming it exists)??

If the time portion does not exist, how do I get the date and time for my Oracle default field value???

--
To reply to me, remove the "_nospam" from my address. Received on Mon May 03 1999 - 14:04:49 CDT