ORA - 01405 - fetched column value is NULL

From: uri bargil <uri_at_trans-planet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 19:27:34 +0300

Im using a select statement in order to retreive data from the DB to my c program using OCI.
I use ORACLE DB 8 , OAS 4.0.7 on SUN SOLARIS 2.6 . My select statement is :
"SELECT a,b,c FROM myTable WHERE x=:x"
a is a varchar2 , b&c are numbers in the DB. In my code a is a text * b is an integer and c is long. I get the Error in the title for executing yhis statement? The DB does NOT have a NULL value at any column ! 1)What can cause this problem ?
2)Is it because the OCIDefineByPos() ;
In the ORACLE TECHNET website they suggest to solve this problem with NVL functions - What are NVL functions , Where they can be found and how should I use them.
Thank you
Uri
E-mail :uri_at_trans-planet.com Received on Mon May 03 1999 - 11:27:34 CDT