Re: Multiple instances with exclusive server?

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 09:21:09 -0700

One small expansion on this. In some versions (I haven't checked recently to see if this is the case with 8.1.5 on my NT box) the software actually checks for the existence of a cluster when installing OPS. If it doesn't find one, it says "Sorry, you can't install this without the OS cluster software".

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Pete Sharman                              Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
Project Manager                           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
Oracle Corporation

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA