Log Switching

From: M. Bhatti <mohammed.bhatti_at_mci.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 15:46:19 GMT

During batch processing, I notice a lot of log switches in the alert.log file. I assume that during a log switch, a checkpoint ocurrs and the dbwr writes changed blocks to the datafiles. For better performance, would it be a better idea to increase the size of the log files (Oracle 8.0.5 on Soalris 2.5.1) so that fewer log switches ocurred.

Hope someone can enlighten me on this.

Thanks

mkb Received on Mon May 03 1999 - 10:46:19 CDT