Calling remote DB stored procedure with "insert into" statement

From: <cvellala_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 14:06:30 GMT

Hello Folks!

The first message I sent is giving me an "Access Denied" message when I try to access it. Anyway I need an answer ASAP hence did not spend time trying to fix the old problem.

From my local DB Can I access a stored procedure created on a remote DB which has a "insert into" statement concerning a table in the remote DB? I will be passing parameters to the remote procedure which would be nothing but the "values" clause of the "insert into" statement.

I do know all the steps required (like db link creation, previleges for executing and accessing objects, etc..) but someone catagorically stated that Oracle does not allow what I intend to achieve.

Please respond ASAP, and if you have done this before, I will certainly appreciate a syntax of the stored procedure. I am using Oracle 8.0.5 on SUN SPARC Solaris 2.6.

Thanks in advance.
Chandu Vellala