HELP: Anyone running financials 9.4 on top of RDBMS 7.3.x ?

From: The man from the great white north <anti-spam-gdallair_at_geocities.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 13:50:57 GMT

Hello,

We are no longer running the financials, but we have developped custom systems with the oracle application library. Now, this database is at 7.1.6 and we want to migrate our old green screen apps to a web enabled technology, we need to upgrade the database.

Oracle does not officially support financials 9.x under 7.3.x, but I don't see why that would not work. If anyone is actually using it, please tell me how it's going.

The other option is to migrate all our data to a new database but that would be a heck of a job considering the number of objects that would need to be migrated, and considering the fact that we don't want to upgrade all our custom apps at the same time. Also most of them actually share a lot of tables. DB Links are out of the question because of the major impacts on performance.

Thanks

Guy Dallaire
Sysadmin/DBA
Centre de recherche industrielle du Québec e-mail: gdallair-nospam_at_criq.qc.ca
http://www.criq.qc.ca

NOTE: To reply via e-mail, remove the '-nospam' from my e-mail adress Received on Mon May 03 1999 - 08:50:57 CDT