Optimizing an Index

From: Ansgar Scherp <Ansgar.Scherp_at_Artis.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 20:02:47 +0200

Hello,

I have problems with performing an optimization for an index. SQL*Plus says:

ORA-20000: ConText error:
DRG-10521: failed to access the text index: column policy=MY_POLICY
DRG-10518: an operation is in progress which conflicts with OPTIMIZE request

I read in the documentation, that optimization cannot be performed for an index while any other operation (i.e. creation, updating, deletion) is being performed on the index. But none of these operations are done on the index when I try to optimize the it and the DML-queue is also empty. Can anyone tell me, why it still doesn't work?

Ansgar
--
  KYUSS! Welcome to sky valley...
    http://kyuss.artis.uni-oldenburg.de/ Received on Sun May 02 1999 - 13:02:47 CDT