Delphi TTable-component

From: Hans Demedts <hdemedts_at_innet.be>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 19:16:04 +0200

Dear Oracle admirers,

I'm facing a strange problem :

I'm an expirienced Delphi programmer but an Oracle newbie ! I have a large table with 200,000 records. I do have a primary key on the field 'ID',

When I use a TTable-component and set IndexfieldNmaes to that 'ID', it takes a very, very long time to find the record with ID equal to 150,000. When I don't put anything into the property IndexFieldNames it only takes a part of a second to find the same record.

Two questions :
- I do use the correct index : why does it take so long when I really
specify the key ?
- In general : I'm using Delphi 4. Should I use TTable or TQuery ? Any white
papers on this subject ?

Thanks for your reply.

H. Received on Sat May 01 1999 - 12:16:04 CDT