Re: ? strange Data Dictionary results: views and column alias

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 02:11:58 GMT

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:27:46 GMT, "Babette Turner-Underwood" <babettet_at_tmi.ca> wrote:

>I need to be able to extract the "original" definition of the view so
>I can re-create it on another instance. I do not want to use export / import
>to get the view as I wish to check the definition into source code control
>and export / import does not do this.

Interesting. I never realized that the user_views.text column did not contain the exact statement needed to recreate the view.

You may be able to get what you want from an export file. You can edit the dump file with a text editor, pull out the view creation command, tidy it up a bit (you have to do that by hand), save it in a new file, and then check that into your source control system.

Jonathan Received on Fri Apr 30 1999 - 21:11:58 CDT