Hash_join_enabled: what if equals FALSE

From: Michel Gauthier <qgmi1_at_qbc.clic.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 20:24:22 GMT

Hi all,

After having a few ORA-600 [15851] [6] [6] etc... I searched the Oracle Web support to find out that they sometimes suggest to turn off the HASH_JOIN_ENABLED parameter. This parameter seems to appear with 7.3 and I'm not familiar with it. Anyway, I turned it off, and it seems to actually work. Fine.

Unfortunately, that does not say what this parameter is useful to, neither which are the impacts to turn it off (except it workaround my problem!). I surfed the Oracle doc and DEJANEWS without success.

Can anybody tell us about this parameter. That would be nice.

TIA. Michel Gauthier Received on Fri Apr 30 1999 - 15:24:22 CDT