mysterious question re: UNLIMITED TABLESPACE privilege

From: <kal121_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 18:28:55 GMT

I've run a few experiments; it seems that the UNLIMITED TABLESPACE privilege (as well as the other PUBLIC privs?) as given by the "PUBLIC user group" gets assigned to a new user when I grant them the "resource" role.

Does anyone know why this is?

In other words, aside from explicitly assigning the resource role, how would I know when the PUBLIC privileges are in effect for any new user?