Creation of Database Link

From: Aik Khoon <panadol_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 01:34:13 +0800

Hi,

I have trouble creating database link (from DB2 to DB1) to work in replication. The error raised is always 02019 : connection to remote database not found when I tried to create SNAPSHOTs for the SCOTT.EMP. The SNAPSHOT LOG is created without any error.

I have created the Net8 Services using Net8 Assistant.

E.g. in TNSNAMES.ORA

DB1.WORLD = (DESCRIPTION=

                                (ADDRESS=

(PROTOCOL=TCP)
(HOST=TOP)
(PORT=1521))
(CONNECT DATA=(SID=DB1))))

In Oracle8 NT, I typed the following command in SCOTT account

CREATE DATABASE LINK DB1 CONNECT TO SCOTT IDENTIFIED BY TIGER USING 'DB1.WORLD'; I heard things about assigning GLOBAL_NAME (which is set in my case for replication)
but I do not know how it functions. Does LISTENER.ORA comes into play. I do a TNSPING80 and can actually connect to remote database but when I wanted to
create SNAPSHOTs, the error occurred.

Concept wise, do I have to have the same TNSNAME.ORA entries on both database
servers.

Because I am new (one week only) to Oracle, any questions raised before is regretted.

Thanks,
Aik Khoon Received on Fri Apr 30 1999 - 12:34:13 CDT