Impossible SQL Task ??

From: Matt Randle <matt_at_imat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 17:11:28 +0100

We have a list of IDs / Codes / Identifiers as follows,

ID Code Identifier

1         A                   Matthew
1         B                   Randle
2         A                   Larry
2         B                   Ellison
3         A                   Dave
4         B                   Some Surname

We need to re-orient the table so it comes back as,

ID        A                           B

1         Matthew                Randle
2         Larry                      Ellison
3         Dave
4                                        Some Surname

Is this possible in SQL ?? I can obviously do it programatically but it would be more elegent to do it with on SQL statement ?? I seem to remember reading about some 'projection' facility availiable some SQL server that does this sort of thing.

Cheers,

Matt. Received on Fri Apr 30 1999 - 11:11:28 CDT