export/import

From: <mugunthans_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 16:04:28 GMT

I took an export from a production instance and did an import on a test instance. The import didn't go through well. It had errors in enabling some constraints (foreign key constraints) and for some it had errors like 'Parent keys not found..'.

The export was taken with consistent=Y. Even then the export does not seem to have been so. I have this kind of problem on some occasions.

Could anyone kindly explain me in detail about the problem and the solution for it.

Thanks in advance.

S.Mugunthan