Re: novice: extract comma delimited data

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 15:16:38 GMT

You can set the linesize in SqlPLus to almost any length....since you are spooling to a text file is does not have to be 'readable' while in SqlPlus, so if you issue the following ( or put them in the sql script )

Set linesize 1500
Set feedback off
set heading off
set pagesize 1000 ( or some other large number, depending on the # of records ) set newpage 0

Then run the query as described by Chris , you will get a clean output file ( mostly, some editing may be needed before use )

The SET commands are powerful tools when creating spooled output...check them out in the SqlPlus docs...